Thursday, March 28, 2013

CAS Poppies

So I decided to make another poppy card with my new stamp set, since it was still sitting on my desk.  This time I went with a more clean and simple approach (much more up my alley, lol!)  So again I embossed the image in black and then colored it in using my new big brush pens from Faber Castell.  They are fun to work with!  Added some twine, mounted onto a kraft base and popped up the sentiment!  Voila!  Quick, clean and simple.  Mood when done?  Happy :)

 
white and kraft cardstock
black embossing powder
remember me stamp by kaisercraft
stampers big brush pens by faber castell
jute by may arts
pearls by queeen & co
 
enjoy the rest of your day!
 
Dawn
 
 

2 comments:

  1. HELLO Dawn! I cannot believe I found you blogging after all these years! So good to see your work again. Congrats on the new blog. While cleaning up my favorites folder on my computer I just happened to click on an old link I had for your SCS gallery. Imagine my surprise when I see that you've started posting there again. YAY! Hope you are well. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations.

    BTW, those poppies are gorgeous. Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara!!! So glad you found me!! Yea, I was out of the circuit for almost 3 years! I can't believe it was that long! Anyway, I am back and trying the old blog thing out. It needs a lot of help, but one day at a time, lol!! So happy to see you!!!!

      Delete